deprecating the body keyword

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 15:44:24 PST 2009

retard wrote:

> Tue, 08 Dec 2009 14:59:10 -0800, Bill Baxter wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 2:11 PM, hehe45 <a3161739 at uggsrock.com> wrote:
>>> I haven't been following the newgroup closely, so I don't know if this
>>> has already been discussed, but I wanted to make a few suggestions
>>> before D2 is finalized. I think the "body" keyword is completly useless
>>> unless it is required because of parsing issues.
>>
>> Search for "I hate my body".
>> That was the title of the thread started a while back.
>
> Yes, yet another thread started but basically nothing happened. How
> frustating it is that Walter never expresses his intentions before a new
> release? This kind of mentality is from early 20th century. Nowadays all
> agile projects clearly define the goals for the next sprint.

That's usually more of a business thing though, when you write the features
other people prioritize.

Besides, image Walter responding to all requests, these threads generally
explode pretty fast. How much time do you think he will have left to
actually work on the compiler? I wonder how Andrei manages his level of
participation in the newsgroups.