Semantics of ^^, Version 3 (Final?)

Rainer Deyke rainerd at eldwood.com
Wed Dec 9 03:24:02 PST 2009

Don wrote:
> f() ^^ f() is not a constant expression. It won't get transformed. It
> can be *interpreted* at compile time, but that'll generate an error.

That's a very fine distinction.  One that may not survive future
evolution of the D language, and may not respected by other
implementations of the D language.  (I /should/ be removed.  Having
different rules for operators and functions unnecessarily complicates
the language.)  Code that depends on this distinction is highly fragile.
 It should not be possible to write code that depends on this distinction.

Rainer Deyke - rainerd at eldwood.com