dsource is unusable

Denis Koroskin 2korden at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 04:25:11 PST 2009

On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 14:57:47 +0300, Kagamin <spam at here.lot> wrote:

> I have well-known problem with svn client: proxy doesn't allow svn
> report http requests:
> svn: Server sent unexpected return value (400 Bad Request) in response
> to REPORT request for '/repos/svn/!svn/vcc/default'
>
> So svn access in unusable with dsource and I found no feasible method to
> get sources from it. Projects don't publish snapshots and trac doesn't
> provide them either. SSL should work, but it's not available at dsource.

I don't think it is dsource problem, it's rather an svn problem.
When using TortoiseSVN, you can go to
Start/Program/TortoiseSVN/Settings/Network/ and specify your proxy.
Internet folks say it helps. I believe there should be similar
configuration option for command-line SVN, too.

I sit behind a set of proxies, too, and never got any problem like yours.