D2 GUI Libs

BLS windevguy at hotmail.de
Sat Dec 12 01:19:14 PST 2009

On 12/12/2009 06:10, dsimcha wrote:
> I'm thinking of giving another try to writing a plotting library for D.  I'm
> trying to decide what GUI library to use.  Here's what's important to me, in
> order of importance.  Someone who's more familiar with the GUI library
> situation than I am please make a recommendation.
>
> 1.  Lots of features/flexibility.  I'm thinking the plotting lib will be a
> minimalist library, focused on "just working", simplicity of API and
> performance rather than on lots of bells and whistles and extensibility.
> Therefore, I don't need lots of bells and whistles in my GUI library.

I think Ben Hinkle's MinWin could be interesting.
+ supports win/linux, is public domain (afaik), is lightweight.
- is pre D 1.0
you will find it somewhere on dsource. wait...  :
http://www.dsource.org/projects/minwin

> 2.  Native look and feel.  IMHO this is very overrated.  I've never found that
> a Java-ish or GTK-ish or whatever look and feel instead of a native Win32 look
> and feel got in the way of me using a program effectively.

Guess you don't have to sell software :) we have to spend 2000$ a year
just for GUI Toolkits.
Björn