D2 GUI Libs

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 12 08:13:39 PST 2009

== Quote from retard (re at tard.com.invalid)'s article
> Sat, 12 Dec 2009 05:10:24 +0000, dsimcha wrote:
> > 2.  Native look and feel.  IMHO this is very overrated.  I've never
> > found that a Java-ish or GTK-ish or whatever look and feel instead of a
> > native Win32 look and feel got in the way of me using a program
> > effectively.
> The win32 look and feel doesn't look native on linux/mac/solaris.

Right, the implication here was that I mostly use Windows and I've never really
cared if an application I use has a GTK-ish or Swing-ish or whatever look and
feel, as long as the application is well-coded, responsive and does what I need.
I'm speaking purely from personal opinion/experience here, but I don't understand
why people care so much about platform-native look and feel as long as it works
and is usable.