D2 GUI Libs

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 10:59:22 PST 2009

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 07:53:20PM +0100, BLS wrote:
> If you don't care : make it public domain.

I argued this with my boss once. He said public domain is unacceptable to
him because:

a) It doesn't disclaim liability; if your public domain thing screws up, you
   can, in theory anyway, be sued into oblivion over it.

and b) Some countries don't recognize public domain.

The zlib license addresses both these, while keeping the rest of the "do
whatever" attitude, so that's what he insists on for this kind of thing.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net