D2 GUI Libs

BLS windevguy at hotmail.de
Sat Dec 12 14:41:44 PST 2009

On 12/12/2009 21:14, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "BLS"<windevguy at hotmail.de>  wrote in message
> news:hg0or1$2rtu$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> On 12/12/2009 18:44, dsimcha wrote:
>>> Because the Boost license doesn't require attribution for works only
>>> distributed
>>> in binary form.
>>
>> All these kitchen sink license issues are monkey buisiness.
>> If you don't care : make it public domain.
>
> I'm really tired of public domain constantly being tossed around as if it
> were actually a reasonable option:
>
> 1. If you put someting in PD, you're no longer legally allowed to claim that
> you actually wrote it (leave it to a government to try to redefine reality
> like that...). In other words, you're not allowed to state an actual fact
> about it.
>
> 2. Different countries define public domain differently, some countries
> don't define it, and others don't even have a concept of public domain at
> all.

All True.
That's why I wrote : "If you don't care.."

> Adam also said there's a liability issue, but (IANAL) that would surprise me
> because AIUI, public domain is all about severing *all* ties between an
> author and their work. But then again, that's probably just one of those
> things that differs by country.

Bureaucrat nonsense. or in my words : fuck the duck.  even if this is
true , who cares ?
Do you think you will find a lawyer who is willing to kick an ass
because he/she is giving away an intellectual property / programming
pearl,he/she invented, for free ?

anyway, it seems to me that we have a lot of semi professional lawyers
on board and I am not sure how much this helps. ( A professional one is
already a disaster...)
KISS, Bjoern