D2 GUI Libs

BLS windevguy at hotmail.de
Sat Dec 12 16:00:17 PST 2009

On 12/12/2009 23:44, dsimcha wrote:
> Well, I was going to compare lawyers to whores, but that would be an insult to the
> whore profession.

very good point. -> true

since I got your attention.. I thing it is time to start a std.container
discussion. Your AA lib call is not making much progress and I further
think Steven is also waiting for some D2 decisions.

guess what I want to say is that we need some clarification about ranges
and opXXX

FI your AA implementation is using ranges as formalism. In other words
you implement them as part of a node structure. Andrei is defining them
as Interfaces. Steven also has a different view on how to implement
collection ( using a struct pair) instead of K,V.  using kinda Iterators..

Almost your questions :

allow custom allocators ?
ref or value semantics
specialized quantity allocators for low/high capacity containers.

what I really like in Steven's implementation is support replaceable
data structures/algorithms..  AAs could be based on RB trees as well as
on SkipList..  but : Is this a good thing ? Is there a way to decide at
runtime ?
--
In case that we choose classes (implementing Tange Interfaces) it would
be (IMO) a good start to create the class-interface hierarchy  Andrei

a lot of questions, hope YOU will create a new thread.