D2 GUI Libs

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun Dec 13 17:25:41 PST 2009

Eldar Insafutdinov wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu Wrote:
> Thanks for cooperation. I don't want to sound like I've given the
> right to ask for features, because I am working on a particular D
> project. But at the same time, indeed, while working on this project
> I found many things that I would like to be improved.
[snip]

Unfortunately we can't fix all of that stuff mostly because we wouldn't
know what path is best to take. But we can and should fix this:

> class Test { void foo(); void foo() {} }

and this:

> 6) Various, various compiler bugs. I'm not joking here, I hit dmd
> bugs every single day I work on qtd. It makes it very difficult to
> cut down to sensible testcases, because of the size of the library. I
> filed some bugs, I used all my votes in bugzilla, but neither of
> those got any update within last 2 months. That's a pity. I am sure
> many other people have similar experience.
>
> The main one is probably forward references bug. That's why I have to
> use patched version of dmd (done not by me). Work on it is still in
> progress, and when the author of the patches finishes it and submits
> them to the bugzilla, we would need apply them somehow, as otherwise
> official dmd will not compile QtD.

Absolutely.

Thanks for letting us know of the challenges you're facing. I hope many
of them would be the start of discussions on how to improve things in D3.

Andrei