Reference Counting Template

LMB anonymous at nowhere.com
Mon Dec 14 08:02:07 PST 2009

dsimcha Wrote:

> I'm starting to think it would be both useful and feasible to have a general
> reference counting template struct in Phobos:
> [...]
> Does this sound
> worthwhile?

Yes it does :-)

I believe this would be great for working with many C-based APIs. I recently needed this when creating yet another wrapper for SQLite. I did my own (not reusable, and possibly buggy -- I am just beginning to learn D) implementation of referencing counting with some help from the people on these forums, but I really wished Phobos had it ready to use.

LMB