Go rant

Peter C. Chapin pcc482719 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 04:24:50 PST 2009

retard <re at tard.com.invalid> wrote in
news:hg8ppr$107b$4 at digitalmars.com:

> That's not the only problem in JVM. Languages are
> getting more and more functional these days and many enterprise Java
> projects use ad-hoc single method interfaces to emulate lambdas.

I've been using Scala (http://www.scala-lang.org/) a fair about recently.
It's a function/OO hybrid language on the JVM that supports closures, etc.
It's actually quite nice in a number of respects, I have no idea what kind
of hoops the Scala implementors had to jump through to get it to work,
though. I do know that compiling a typical Scala file generates a bunch of
.class files with weirdo names so they are definitely creating quite a few
auxillary classes behind the scenes to get things done.

Peter