High quality example programs and commercial software

Ashok achandra at netnews.nl
Fri Dec 18 21:14:46 PST 2009

dsimcha wrote:
> == Quote from Ashok (achandra at netnews.nl)'s article
>> Rather than asking where I can find good examples of software
>> implemented in D, I would like to be more direct. WHAT are the good
>> examples of software written in D? By that I mean, the software from
>> the user standpoint is good, great actually, and the code is
>> EXEMPLARY D, the finest example of D but not the contortionistic
>> version. Am I making sense? 2nd question: I would like to see the
>> list of commercial software that is written in D.
>> I have more questions but want to SEE D first, not just READ ABOUT
>> IT in a newsgroup. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.
>> - Ashok
>
> Are you interested in libraries or only applications?  As D is a
> young language, most of the people on this newsgroup are focused on
> library development, not application development right now.

WOW! I wasn't even done with the daily "news" and already a response. "my
bad" for answering it too:

Applications only please (libraries are like... well everyone has one).

Whoa!!! Wait a darn minute here. "D is a YOUNG language?". You better be a
newbie to D, else some law against LYING will bite you in the ass? (to put
it "mildly"?).

A DECADE of library development??! (I think you just answered my question
inadvertently).

The question becomes: dsimcha has the noted perspective. dsimcha, please, DO
introduce yourself (full resume not out of place, if you are so inclined,
and the if is a biggie).

I'll probably not check back in here until after the weekend unless I don't
win lotto, in which case the only thing I have to do this weekend is to
cancel the order for the SIX FIGURE car. (I hope to not have time to be here
this weekend!! Wish me luck!).