Go rant

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Mon Dec 21 11:15:15 PST 2009

retard wrote:
> I have several imperative language programming books and instead of qsort
> they introduce the reader to the wonderful world of bubble sort!

Bubble sort should be part of an introductory programming course, if
only because:

1. it's an algorithm that gets reinvented if one is not aware of it

2. one needs to be able to recognize it, as one will encounter it a lot
in production code

3. it's a great way to introduce concepts like big O

4. it's a great stepping stone to introducing better sorts

I've run into bubble sort reimplementations in production code written
by famous programmers who should know better. It happens all the time.