Go rant

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 05:58:06 PST 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 21:51, Andrei Alexandrescu <
SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:

> retard wrote:
>
>> I use the Okasaki book as my bible when talking about purely functional
>> data structures.
>>

> It's an awesome book. It's also very frank and tells things as they are, as
> opposed to others (*cough*) that patronize the reader by artificially making
> it seem so easy, it's amazing how Stoopid People missed the point.
> Un-incidentally, Okasaki does not dabble in qsort. He does describe
> mergesort - a perfectly sound and advantageous sorting methods for lists.

I've only read his PhD a few months ago. Lots of mind-expanding ideas in
there.
Someone told me the book is even better. Is it worth the 25-30 € I see on
Amazon? (gosh, why I'm asking this when I'll spend thrice as much in food
just for tonight's dinner...)

  Philippe