TDPL goes out for preliminary review

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 05:38:01 PST 2009

Denis Koroskin wrote:

> I'll add my experience with shared/local separation.
>
> Shared/local as it is now relies solely on convention. For example, I have
> wrote a large heavily-multithreaded application in D2 without any use of
> shared (i.e. everything is "local", yet pointers are freely passed among
> threads).

That was my first experience with shared as well.  I submitted a ticket [1]
to druntime for it over 7 months ago.  I'm not sure what the current status
of the threading rewrite is.  I know Bartosz worked on it until he hit a
nasty bug which Don later fixed.

[1] http://www.dsource.org/projects/druntime/ticket/23