What's wrong with D's templates?

Pelle Månsson pelle.mansson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 13:25:05 PST 2009

On 12/25/2009 08:17 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> I believe there's plenty that can be achieved with it first. D has a
> fairly simple GC implementation in it right now, probably early 90's
> technology. It could be pushed an awful lot further.
>
> If you want to help out with it, you're welcome to.

How about a simple way to allocate in TLS? Could be a garbage collected
heap, which stops only the current thread when collecting.

It doesn't need to be an all out solution, and you could just advise
against casting the pointers away from TLS, just as is done with
immutability.

Then again, I have not measured the performance differences involved in
the current solution, maybe this is a non-problem.