What's C's biggest mistake?

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Sat Dec 26 06:22:41 PST 2009

Fri, 25 Dec 2009 14:54:18 -0500, bearophile wrote:

> Today D is not a replacement of C, because of its GC and few other
> things (I don't think today you can use D to create 1200 bytes long
> binaries that run on an Arduino CPU), but maybe a reduced-D can be used
> for that purpose too.

Where can I download the compiler for this reduced-D? Let's be honest -
even with upx exe compressor the binaries are huge. If you have micro-
controllers with 64 to 128 kB of ROM, the best you can do with dmd is a
'hello world'. Unless a better fork of the language is made (without
extra typeinfo, with optional gc - we need a compiler switch, compiling
the stdlib is a PITA, and without template bloat -> smart linker, not
some legacy crap made with assembler). A single version of D can't serve
the tastes of all audiences.