Go rant

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 27 06:42:11 PST 2009

== Quote from Kevin Bealer (kevinbealer at gmail.com)'s article
> (Non-software) people doing routine tasks often come up with better algorithms
intuitively than my intuition expects them to.
> I think a lot of people would do even better than insertion with a deck of poker
cards -- they might group cards by either suit or rank (or rank groups) (e.g.
"Hmm, I'll make three piles of 1-5, 6-10, and J-A"), then order the "buckets",
then stick these ordered sets back together.  If you think about it, this is a lot
like a radix sort or a multi-pivot cousin of the quick sort.

You mean a bucket sort?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucket_sort