Concurrency architecture for D2

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun Dec 27 12:32:52 PST 2009

I think we are now in the position of defining a solid set of
concurrency primitives for D. This follows many months of mulling over
models and options.

It would be great to open the participation to the design as broadly as
possible, but I think it's realistic to say we won't be able to get
things done on the newsgroup. When we discuss a topic around here,
there's plenty of good ideas but also the inevitable bikeshed
discussions, explanations being asked, explanations being given, and
other sources of noise. We simply don't have the time to deal with all
that - the time is short and we only have one shot at this.

That's why I'm thinking of creating a mailing list or maybe another
group for this. Any ideas on what would be the best approach? I also
want to gauge interest from threading experts who'd like to participate.
Please advise: (a) whether you would like to participate to the design;
(b) keep discussions on the general group; (c) create a separate
newsgroup; (d) create a mailing list. The latter would have open enrollment.

Andrei