Comma expression as tuple operator [was Tuples, C#, Java, language

Denis Koroskin 2korden at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 07:18:38 PST 2009

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 15:41:58 +0300, justme <justme at somewhere.net> wrote:

> grauzone Wrote:
>
>> bearophile wrote:
>> > BCS:
>> to give
>> then
>> well as
>> >
>> > D2 has enough warts now, so it's much better to not add some more.
>> Languages must be tidy, when possible. It's often better to not have a
>> feature that having a dirty one.
>>
>> I think in this case, it's more about cleaning up and polishing, than
>> adding "warts".
>>
>> The big danger is, that this may require incompatible language changes,
>> which won't be possible anymore after D2. D3? Anyone who talks about D3
>> must be kidding.
>
> So D3 won't ever appear? At least in many open source projects the final
> released is tagged one to two weeks before the final release.
> Distributions have then time to repackage the release. Meanwhile, the
> core developers are already enthusiastically implementing wild new
> features after a long feature freeze.
>
> It's similar kind of tick-tock as Intel has with their CPU line (1
> smaller process -> 2 improved core -> goto 1). In successful software
> projects they have alpha/beta period, feature freeze, stabilization
> period, release, new alpha/beta period etc. Concurrently new bugfix
> releases come out just like with D. I haven't heard of new features
> lately so D2 must be stabilizing now.

According to development stages you provided, D2 is currently in
alpha/beta period. Feature freeze will follow once TDPL is released
(around March, 2010). Stabilization and release is even further, and D3 is
sooo far away it's hardly imagineable we will see any signs of it in a
foreseeable future :)