Comma expression as tuple operator [was Tuples, C#, Java, language

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Dec 30 11:10:50 PST 2009

Don:
> I'd recommend at least two years of bug-fixes and library
> development (and toolchain issues), before we even think about more
> features.

There are two other important thing that can be done in that stabilizing period:
1) find where are the D2 design mistakes and invent better ways to design the same features.
2) Invent new ways to use D2 language (this has happened too all major languages, for example the introduction of the many lazy features of Python3 doesn't come after design of Python2, it comes from the slow invention of new ways to use Python, partially invented by R. Hettinger. Later some of such ideas are being moved from the std library (itertools) to the language itself (the built-in map and filter become lazy, etc)).

Bye,
bearophile