Asmjit - JIT asm compiler (for C++)

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 16:58:22 PST 2009

Don't know if this is of interest to anyone here, but I've seen this
on another mailing list recently:
http://code.google.com/p/asmjit/

C++ library to jit-compile assembly functions.
It uses function syntax to do it's think like "a.push(ebp);"
That's pretty cool already, but I was thinking with D you could just
write the assembly function directly as a string mixin.  Or really
(even in C++ ) you could just parse the darn assembly function at
runtime.   But then you don't find out about your coding errors till
runtime.  With compile time parsing you get to keep the compile time
check to make sure the asm instructions are at least typo-free.

Also kind of relevant to the other thread here about compiling
different versions of the same function for different target
processors.

--bb