The path to unity

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri Feb 6 15:47:50 PST 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu:
> That makes it looks like a structure built on political, not technical,
> foundations. Without having thought much about it, I can say it doesn't
> quite sound right.

Yet, in reality politics exists, and you can't just blind yourself thinking it doesn't exists (extensive studies of failures in software and hardware have shown that often the causes have a political root or part of a political root). Often, even when it's not the best technically-wise solution, a "political solution" may be good enough, and better than the less realistic alternatives that try just to ignore that politics exists :-) The solution is often to become better in politics, not to ignore it :-)

Bye,
bearophile