The path to unity [You ALL ignored my post!]

Don nospam at nospam.com
Sat Feb 7 03:54:36 PST 2009

Robert Fraser wrote:
> Don wrote:
>> Please read it again. I'm not asking the question "where do we put it?"
>> Rather, to agree that it WILL eventually go SOMEWHERE. If we agree on
>> that, there are immediate implications. Those modules have some
>> functions which differ in naming (mostly in case). That's a difference
>> we can fix right now without the politics.
>
> Any chance of getting some aliases?

If it's necessary. There's a few places where breakage is inevitable,
though. And there's a few C functions with names which are IMHO
unbelievably awful and deserve to die without mercy.
Why would you call the most useful conversion from float->integer
function (better than cast(long)) "lrint()" ???