The path to unity [You ALL ignored my post!]

Christopher Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 08:32:13 PST 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> By the way, what happened to
> std.traits and std.typecons? They are two of my faves and are growing as
> we speak.
>
> Andrei

std.traits and tango.core.Traits have a number of superficial
differences, such as ReturnType versus ReturnTypeOf, ParameterTypeTuple
versus ParameterTupleOf, and so forth. This has been a source of
annoyance for me in the past, until I decided to give up on it and just
go with Tango. (I think the other part that decided it was Phobos's
Variant type.)

tango.core.Traits has more than Phobos1's std.traits, but Phobos2 has
most of that functionality. Is there any reason not to backport it?