Old problem with performance

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Feb 9 05:05:15 PST 2009

Kagamin:

>Well, D class code here is not equivalent to C++ class code. D code has more features, namely, it's polymorphic: C.opAdd is able to work with classes, derived from C, while corresponding C++ code is unable to do so. If you can't use polymorphism, why do you use classes?<

I'd like to create a more apples-to-apples comparison, so if you have suggestions regarding how to improve the code I am willing to fix things and redo the timings. Maybe adding a 'virtual' to the C++ method?

I too have done some benchmarks, see timings, notes and code here:
http://leonardo-m.livejournal.com/76547.html

Bye,
bearophile