Proposal : allocations made easier with non nullable types.

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Feb 10 14:02:31 PST 2009

"Daniel Keep" <daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:gmrfe8$10l4$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> "Daniel Keep" <daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:gmpd71$8uj$1 at digitalmars.com...
>
> Took me a while to find it, even knowing what it was about.  Ended up
> having to manually go through the digitalmars.com archives. :P
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/38329.html
>
> It's probably somewhat anachronistic now.  For anyone who isn't aware,
> back in the old days, 'scope' was 'auto' whilst 'auto' was 'auto.'  It
> sort of did two things and was a bit confusing.  Just replace 'auto'
> with 'scope' and you should be fine.  :P

Interesting. I'd love to see this get some more attention and discussion
simply because what you had said earlier is also one of my own pet peeves
about D, and I couldn't have descrbed it any better than you did: