Why version() ?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Feb 10 16:49:28 PST 2009

"Walter Bright" <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:gmt6l0$rff$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Denis Koroskin wrote:
>> Does it look any better? No way!
>
> Of course doing it that way doesn't look any better, because it still just
> replicates the C preprocessor style of doing it.

Which just goes to show that the restrictions you've placed on D's version()
(in order to eliminate rat's nest versioning) DON'T eliminate rat's nest
versioning.

> A far better solution...

And we can come up with better solutions for C as well. Granted, the optimal
D solution is going to be much better than the optimal C solution, but it
won't be due to version()'s lack of !, ||, &&, etc...