Why version() ?

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 15:29:13 PST 2009

Walter Bright Wrote:

> Jason House wrote:
> > Would you be willing to introduce an alternative to /+ +/ which would be treated differently by the D1 and D2 compilers? Here are some examples with no attempt at creativity:
> > beginD1 endD1
> > D1 D1 (works like string delimiters)
> > /D2 D2/
>
> That is an interesting idea. I never thought of that.

Would you be willing to add it as a new feature to both D1 and D2?

I wonder how viable having one code base would be at that point? Would druntime be a good way to test that? Druntime would be a good guinea pig. I'd really hope a smooth transition for druntime would be enough to inspire more projects to support D1and D2 with a single code base.