OT -- Re: random cover of a range

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 18:20:58 PST 2009

Hello Jarrett,

> On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 7:24 PM, John Reimer <terminal.node at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> No cross, no crown, no green star. If you're disgusted by someone's
>>> username and it isn't actively evil, pretend you don't know what it
>>> means. Don't write a post abusing his desired lifestyle.
>>>
>> Hmm... very interesting.
>>
>> And where does this "rule" of yours come from?  I'd say your forcing
>> your philosophy on me. That's not very nice. :)
>>
> Just how many peoples' characters are you going to assassinate before
> you feel vindicated, anyway?

I needn't assassinate any characters, Jarrett.  If you claim that this is
some sort of character assassination, then you admit that what he is doing
is wrong.   If what he is doing is not wrong, then there is nothing to even
come close to character assination.  Your own perception is what is judging
his character.

Certainly, from my worldview, I can believe it is very wrong.  That's why
I say something about it.  But it appears to be the manner these days to
defend all manner of "alternative" lifestyles... or to turn a blind eye to
the evidencial results which shows broken lives when such things are pursued.
  I do think it is showing care to point these things out.  You continually
fail to see that promotion of this kind of material is not representative
of any form of passivity.

-JJR