OT -- Re: random cover of a range

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 18:30:47 PST 2009

Hello Christopher,

> John Reimer wrote:

>>> No cross, no crown, no green star. If you're disgusted by someone's
>>> username and it isn't actively evil, pretend you don't know what it
>>> means. Don't write a post abusing his desired lifestyle.
>>>
>> Hmm... very interesting.
>>
>> And where does this "rule" of yours come from?
>>
> The Constructed Languages mailing list. (The green star refers to
> Esperanto. The Constructed Languages list does not allow advertising
> for languages intended as international auxiliary languages.)

Oh boy!  Come on now... you guys, this is so apparent an issue.  I am actually
a little surprised a few of you are so defensive of this situation.  I'm
not sure how far you would go to defend something "evil"... but I become
more astounded all the time.  How far does this go before you finally decide
it's time to step in?   I hear some of you gripe so strongly (verbally violent)
over the internet marketing and web scripts... and yet you will defend such
things as this so ruthlessly?

>> I'd say your forcing your philosophy on me. That's not very nice. :)
>>
> I would like to. It would make everyone be nice, or pretend to be
> nice, or stay on topic. And since relatively few people want to be
> mean, and one mean person can upset many others, this should increase
> the amount of happiness in the world.

And will you please define "nice" then?  You have chosen your side.  I'd
rather you just be honest and say that you don't like my side of the discussion.
 But you are refusing to recognize that "nice", in your case, is letting
whichever side you prefer have their say, no matter how diabolical, without
a balance from the opposite side.   I'm amazed you pursue this argument so
relentlessly too.

> I wrote a further reply to you offlist so as not to clutter this
> forum.

Ok, as you wish. :)

-JJR