OT -- Re: random cover of a range

grauzone none at example.net
Sat Feb 14 19:41:17 PST 2009

John Reimer wrote:
> Hello grauzone,
>
>> John Reimer wrote:
>>
>>> Hello grauzone,

>>> So you approve of the material on the website then?
>>>
>> Not necessarily. I don't even know what exactly is on his website.
>>
>> But I defend free speech, not attacking people because of irrelevant
>> issues, and all that.
>>

> Hmm... irrelevent, eh?  If you haven't figured out the content yet...
> how are you able to make a decision on whether it is irrelevent or not.

I suppose it's about "furrys". It might very well be that I'm offended
by the actual content, but since I'm obviously not forced to look at it,
I don't really care.

> Anyway... you can have no issue with my free speech then.  But it's
> apparently called "attack" when it's from my side of the fence.  I ask

You were the first one to attack. Why do you think you're in the
position to complain?

> you if calling a person a a**hole can be considered an attack or free
> speech?  I don't call people names.  I think you fail the consistancy test.

I'd rather call this a "counterattack". Not sure if I want to play the
pacifist.

Anyway, I don't really have the time to flame around. I guess I'll stop
posting now. I suggest you do the same.

>> I guess you're worried that the personal desires of people like him
>> lead to the downfall of moral values and society at large or
>> something, which is why you feel the need of putting pressure on them
>> in order to stop it? Sounds like a plan.
>>

> Yes, good description.

Your approach doesn't work.