default random object?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Feb 15 10:49:20 PST 2009

Don:
> * I also think it'd be worth having a "create a random n-byte number",
> as well, which would be the main use for a full uint random number.

I mostly agree. For example a basic randUint is useful (I have it in dlibs and I use it once in a while).

I think a randomUint and randUlong may be enough (for the other situations you can use something like randInt with a limited range).

I am not sure, probably others have to state what they would like the random functions to be.

Bye,
bearophile