OT -- Re: random cover of a range

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sun Feb 15 15:45:39 PST 2009

I suppose I should say something.

The website is hosted on Smartsoft's servers. I pay for the bandwidth. I
am not responsible for user supplied content posted here.

We are all adults here, and I am not anyone's mother, nor am I the
morals police.

I'll remove specific posts if the author of them asks me to, as I
understand completely if someone has second thoughts about something
they posted.

I'll also remove drive-by spam posts, anything with illegal content, and
links to illegal content or malware sites, as I become aware of them and
am reasonably able to. If anyone sees something like that (I can't read
all the posts) please let me know with a private email. This forum has
been remarkably free of that, though. This is one reason why I would
prefer google to continue to refuse to recognize our server <g>.

If anyone finds a particular poster personally offensive, that's what
kill files are for. Ostracism also works well - trolls tend to go away
if nobody responds to their vitriol.

Eventually, I'd like to have some sort of voting system on posts, and
then registered users can downvote into oblivion any trash (and even
better, upvote the gems!).