OT -- Re: random cover of a range

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Mon Feb 16 03:48:30 PST 2009

Don wrote:
> I'm glad to hear you're still around. I did feel your colourful language
> often obscured your content (which was frequently of very high quality).
> I miss the content. (Not the language so much <g>).

I seriously doubt superdan uses profanity to offend.

He's got an ear for dialog, and the wit to write in a style that is a
parody of those that use profanity. I think it's hilarious and enjoy
reading it.

P.S. 30 years ago, I went to an art house to see "Aguirre, der Zorn
Gottes" (Aguirre, the Wrath of God) in German, subtitled in English.
There's one scene where it seemed for a full minute a conquistador was
yelling at his horse. Eventually, a subtitle appeared which simply said
"You damned horse." When that appeared, two people in the theater
laughed, including me, as I knew enough German to know that he'd been
swearing at the horse in a most foul and thorough manner <g>.