OT -- Re: random cover of a range

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 23:01:20 PST 2009

Hello Nick,

> "John Reimer" <terminal.node at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:28b70f8c1452e8cb5e9c3ce5b5d0 at news.digitalmars.com...

>>> I don't disagree with most of that, except that the language one
>>> used reflects on the speaker, not the listener. The listener chooses
>>> how to react to that, and that is the listener's choice.
>>>
>> That's one way to shift responsibility.
>>
> As a listener, I find the suggestion that the speaker is the one in
> control of my reaction downright insulting. No one's attempting to
> "shift responsibility" here.

Hmm... I didn't think of it quite that way. :)

Nick, I'm merely saying that we must take responsibility for what we say,
including the potential affect on the listener.  I felt Walter was shifting
this responsibilty away with his statement here, but perhaps I confused his
meaning?  If so, my apologies.  I'm afraid as I get more tired, my brain
waves get fuzzier.

-JJR