OT -- Re: random cover of a range

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Feb 16 23:14:45 PST 2009

"Bill Baxter" <wbaxter at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.753.1234854114.22690.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 3:52 PM, John Reimer <terminal.node at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Hello Derek,

>>> Hmmm ... you got some statistics to back that up? Most people I deal
>>> with have limits (not all the same), so that seems to indicate to me
>>> that some swearing behaviour is not acceptable to most people.
>>>

>> No, I don't. It was a general observation from my interactions within
>> certain groups of people.  So I would do best to withdraw that statement.
>
> George Carlin.  Chris Rock.  South Park.  Never would have been
> accepted in the Leave-it-to-Beaver era.

Oh man, I would *hate* to be restricted to 50's era television shows like
that. I'd feel like I was living in some crazy puritan-revival sect.

I've felt for a while that the issue of profanity can be summed up as
"People fall into one of two groups: Those who believe in the old 'sticks
and stones' adage and those who don't." It takes a weak person to be harmed
by words.