OT -- Re: random cover of a range

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Tue Feb 17 00:29:51 PST 2009

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> I'm a native English speaker, and even *I* find it very difficult to read
> that kind of writing. It's bad enough that I usually just don't even bother
> to try to read it and just move on to the next post/web-page/etc. There's
> plenty of things out there written with *good* language that it's just not
> worthwhile to waste time on the poorly-written stuff. Therefore, I see bad
> language like that as an effective way to make people not even listen to
> you.

Like you, I just don't bother reading things that have poor grammar,
spelling, punctuation, are one giant paragraph, are all caps, etc. When
I have bothered to read one now and then, I find the thinking just as
disorganized as the presentation, and so a waste of time.

Such is not *always* the case, it may be art.

eecummings:
=============================
she being Brand

-new;and you
know consequently a
little stiff i was
careful of her and(having

thoroughly oiled the universal
joint tested my gas felt of
her radiator made sure her springs were O.

K.)i went right to it flooded-the-carburetor cranked her

up,slipped the
clutch(and then somehow got into reverse she
kicked what
the hell)next
minute i was back in neutral tried and

again slo-wly;bare,ly nudg.  ing(my

lev-er Right-
oh and her gears being in
A 1 shape passed
from low through
second-in-to-high like
greasedlightning)just as we turned the corner of Divinity

avenue i touched the accelerator and give