OT -- Re: random cover of a range

Christopher Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 15:16:55 PST 2009

Anonymous Coward wrote:
> Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> It takes a weak person to be harmed by words.
>
> Let me put it this way: if you've been picked on, put down, *hunted* by the people around you and generally treated as a sub-human piece of worthless garbage for over eight years of your life across both primary and secondary school, often with no friends or even acquaintances for years at a time and came out completely and utterly unscathed, then you are obviously a robot and won't mind when I remove your head.  Because otherwise you have NO FUCKING RIGHT to say that.
>
> If you've really gone through what I have and weren't affected, then I guess you're just a better person than I.

If you are surrounded by people who hate you, they don't have to say
anything to have a horrible effect on you. The words are an expression
of an intent, and the intent is what affects you. Or sometimes words
will have no ill intent but will sufficiently remind you of situations
in which they would that they cause a similar effect.

When superdan swears, he obviously has no ill intent. If it still
offends, then good luck with your problems.