OT -- Re: random cover of a range

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 21:43:06 PST 2009

Hello Steve,

> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 17:01:49 +0000, John Reimer wrote:
>
>> Hello Steve,
>>
>>> This is the same kind of attitude, John, that brought about the
>>> death of Alan Turing.
>>>
>> That's a strong accusation, Steve, without knowing me; it's a very
>> hasty reduction for circumstances, personalities, and factors you are
>> quite unfamiliar with.
>>
> I'm just pointing out the similarities.  Of course there are
> differences in the case of Alan Turing, but I don't think I have to
> know you to interpret your post?  You don't like the furry creature
> drawings (or specifically one drawing, which supposedly depicts
> something "close" to beastiality), and I get that.  But suggesting
> that someone's artistic preference should preclude them from
> contributing to D is in my mind a form of discrimination, and it seems
> uncalled for.  I agree with Nick about how you should have gone about
> this, and I'm glad you see that now.

Just a quick response here.  You seem to infer that I suggested that he stop
contributing to D. I did not.  I suggested a separation of the display of
his other interests from his D material that gets displayed here (specifically
I requested  "that you disassociate /it/ completely with your dealings with
D").  I think that particular request was fair, and it seems that he was
considerate enough to respond to the request or at least part of it.  This
should not be compared to ostracism.  I just wanted to clarify that part.

Ostracism in a group like this would make no practical sense because I'm
sure the whole group would disappear for one reason or another :P (and I'm
sure I would be the first to be ostracised.)   Although it seems that the
right to ostracise trolls still exists. Poor guys. :)

Yes, the mode was completely indelicate however disturbed I was at the time.
 I am not at all satisfied with how I carried that one out.

-JJR