earthquake changes of std.regexp to come

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu Feb 19 10:17:04 PST 2009

Ellery Newcomer wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> Leandro Lucarella wrote:
>>> Andrei Alexandrescu, el 17 de febrero a las 13:56 me escribiste:

>>> What's the rationale for "etc"? Why not "deprecated", o something
>>> shorter
>>> like "old", or "d1" (this last one could be good for future deprecated
>>> libraries, like when D3 is available there probably be a "d2" too).
>>>

>> In the words of George Costanza: "Because it's there!"
>>
>> Andrei
>
> Shouldn't that be George Mallory?

No, he said "because it is there". George said "because it's there":

http://www.classictvquotes.com/quotes/characters/george-costanza/page_14.html

George: So, she fell, and then she started screaming, "My back! My
back!" So, I picked her up and took her to the hospital.
Elaine: How is she?
George: She's in traction.
Elaine: Okay, I'm sorry.
George: It's not funny, Elaine.
Elaine: I know. I'm sorry. I'm serious.
George: Her back went out. She's gotta be there for a couple of days.
All she said on the way over in the car was, "Why, George, why?!" I
said, "Because it's there!"

Andrei