Is str ~ regex the root of all evil, or the leaf of all good?

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 12:23:13 PST 2009

I don't like the syntax I saw somewhere earlier in the thread of
    0..iter.captures

.captures looks like it should be a set of captures, not a count.

This is a need that comes up again and again -- querying the size, or
count, or length of some sub-element like this -- so I think it would
greatly benefit Phobos to choose some less ambiguous convention and
stick to it.   Like  nCaptures, numCaptures, capturesLength, etc.

---bb