earthquake changes of std.regexp to come

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 11:49:59 PST 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 2:38 AM, Georg Wrede <georg.wrede at iki.fi> wrote:

>>> What's the rationale for "etc"? Why not "deprecated"
>>
>> In the words of George Costanza: "Because it's there!"
>
> With the critique you've given to the existing regexp stuff, deprecated
> would be the obvious choice.
>
> Then we could have etc for Miscellaneous Stuff.

Agreed.
etc implies to me that it's stuff that might be useful sometimes but
not very often.
It does not suggest to me that you shouldn't use it if you can avoid it.

Or how about make it   std.etc.deprecated.regexp
That way it's clear that it's *both* something that might be useful
occasionally but something that you should avoid if possible.

... Deprecated is a keyword though, isn't it.  Dang.  :-P

--bb