Inline Functions

Mason Green (Zzzzrrr) mason.green at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 07:40:19 PST 2009

Hello,

I'm looking for ways to optimize Blaze, the D port of Box2D, and running into some frustrations.  In fact, the same Java port (http://www.jbox2d.org/v2demos/) is currently running circles around Blaze, performance wise....

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is the result of the many thousands of vector math operations that are performed each cycle during my stress test.

Is there a way to force inline function calls?  I'm compiling my code with '-release -O -inline', but this seems not to have much of an effect on performance.  When I remove -inline there doesn't seem to be much of a difference in execution speed.

FYI, I'm using DMD v1.035 on Windowd x32.

Thanks,
Mason