Old problem with performance

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 07:16:50 PST 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 11:47 PM, Daniel Keep
<daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> bearophile wrote:
>> Weed:
>>> We do not schoolgirls! :) Who is afraid of the complexity should use BASIC.
>>
>> I like D1 mostly because it's quite less complex that C++, that's the first thing I ask to a new language like D. Complexity "kills".
>> You probably don't want D, you want ATS:
>> http://www.ats-lang.org/
>>
>> Bye,
>> bearophile
>
> http://www.ats-lang.org/EXAMPLE/MISC/listquicksort.dats
>
> Dear god.  I think... I think I'm going to go cry in the corner...

Even the helpful explanatory comment is baffling.  Sounds like the guy
is boasting because he not only implemented Quicksort but managed to
do it in such a way that the output not only has the same length as
the input, but *also* is a permutation of the input!  Whoa!   Sheer
genius!

--bb