Use case for std.bind

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at iki.fi
Wed Feb 25 13:40:55 PST 2009

If you're referring to your post earlier in this thread, where you wrote:

> So, I'm renaming this thread and launching a design contest for the
> new std.bind. First step: how should the interface look like?

then it is possible that the post did not gather the impact and readers
that you expected.

Most of us are pressed for time, so a boring thread on "std.bind
documentation sucks hard" is not what we choose to open first. A mere
leaf in such a tree risks lack of exposure.

Also, a leaf-level post lacks implicit urgency and prestige.

Another thing is of course, a design contest needs several days at least
to produce any results. And many took the post as soliciting for
programming of such a bind library, as opposed to merely posting one's
wishes of usage syntax.