Beginning with D

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 06:32:48 PST 2009

Jason House wrote:

> Lutger Wrote:
>
>> Tim M wrote:
>> > D2 what other features does C++ have over D?
>>
>> The most prominent feature is value semantics for classes
>
> I don't agree with this one. Classes and structs are identical in C++
(except for default protection). In D, they differ. For value semantics, use
structs in D.

I didn't mean to say this is a better design in C++, just that it's
different. I probably misunderstood the question, it wasn't meant as a value
judgement at all.

In fact all the features I mentioned I think are for the worse, not better.
Except raii perhaps, although I don't think this is so important when you
have GC and scope().