OT: Re: D for projects similar to Forth Interpreters?

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 02:56:03 PST 2009

Tim M wrote:
> PS: any thing unique about forth interpreters compared to other
> interpreted languages?

Forth (actually, postfix languages in general) are awesome fun, and
they're incredibly simple to play with.  I made a simple Forth-like
language interpreter in Python to play around with the idea of a
postscript-style language for cairo rendering.

I managed to get it to the point where if and subroutines were
implemented as functions, which I thought was just hilarious.  :D

  -- Daniel

P.S.  Here's an old fib subroutine I made in it.  Anything in ( parens )
is a comment.

( Defines a fib word that computes the nth Fibonacci number. )

`fib ( n -- n' ) :
    dup 1 <= not
    if-then
        1-