More LDC Exception Handling Stuff

Christian Kamm kamm-incasoftware at removethis.de
Thu Jan 1 07:13:09 PST 2009

dsimcha wrote:
> When people say that exception handling doesn't work on LDC in some
> circumstances, does this mean that if the code uses exceptions it won't
> work, that you can't catch exceptions or something else?

That really depends. It could mean that exception handling is buggy (LLVM
bug in x86-64) or that something is fundamentally amiss (Windows) and
unwinding the stack to the correct catch clause does not work. In the
latter case, we make 'throw' print out a message and terminate the program
instead.

> Would I be able to use LDC on
> platforms where exception handling isn't supported, with library code that
> throws exceptions, as long as I didn't care about catching these
> exceptions?

I'd expect so, though it hasn't been tried.