Randomness in built-in .sort

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 13:15:53 PST 2009

== Quote from Bill Baxter (wbaxter at gmail.com)'s article
> Actually, a function to sort multiple arrays in parallel was exactly
> what I was implementing using .sort.  So that doesn't sound like a
> limitation to me at all.   :-)
> --bb

Am I (and possibly you) the only one(s) who think that sorting multiple arrays in
parallel should be standard library functionality?  The standard rebuttal might be
"use arrays of structs instead of parallel arrays".  This is a good idea in some
situations, but for others, parallel arrays are just plain better.  Furthermore,
with D's handling of variadic functions, generalizing any sort to handle parallel
arrays is easy.